I was tagged to write seven facts about myself, ostensibly, facts nobody knows.
1. I like to use big words like ostensibly.
2. I was electrocuted when I was five. The scar on the right side of my mouth is evidence.
3. I peed my pants while giving a book report in the first grade. I was standing at the front of the class -- wearing a skirt.
4. I used to make up stories, elaborate additions, and altogether different directions for the books I read for book report day in the first grade. The way I told it, the Berenstein Bears had adventures they never really had. This may or may not have something to do with the peeing.
5. Laura Ingalls Wilder, Catherine Laboure, and Gwen Stefani are three of my personal heroes.
6. I became a vegetarian when I was 14. I did it because I wanted to be cool.
7. Sometimes I wonder if I should be a nun.
So I am to tag seven people now, but I don't know how they'll know. If you happen to read this, I tag: Mandy, Bethlynn, Robin, Anna, Jason, and Sue.
Yes, I know. I can count. That's only six, but I've been thinking about Billy Collins and sonnets and the line: "All we need is fourteen lines, well, thirteen now ..." I like the reduction and the doing and undoing, and yes, I am quoting Thomas Lynch from an interview I did with him last week in case you were wondering.