Thursday, July 10, 2008

On quilting and harmonica learning

I made a bold promise to not waste this summer or let it get swallowed whole with wedding planning. I said I would a) learn to play the harmonica and b) make a quilt before my wedding. The harmonica education is coming along slowly, rather like learning an instrument does for anybody, but I am determined. You can ask anyone who knows me - I can play a mean "When the Saints Going Marching In."

The quilting has been more successful. Behold, me with my first quilt. I suspect many quilts of increasing complexity will follow, but there will never be a first quilt fraught with error and excitement and make-it-workivity.

Quilt, I will love you forever.



4 comments:

B. Marzoni said...

hey hey! look at you go! congratulations my crafy domestic goddess of a friend.

Unknown said...

I love it! The quilt is beautiful! You should be very proud.

Nik said...

Beautiful! I've been saving old clothes of Z to make her a quilt in 10-15 years. Perhaps you have inspired me to begin sooner!

Anonymous said...

what a fablous work of fabric art...I'll admit it, I'm jealous. I so would love to know how to make a quilt. You have done a wonderful, terrific job and I'm so proud of you....can i see it live and in person friday? Blynn, a fabric jealous friend....