Thursday, May 27, 2010

Babies and Travelling

Travelling with a baby is tough stuff. Funny thing about babies - they like sameness. They like the same faces and smells and places to sleep night after night. Now that I think about it, I'm not really all that different from a baby.

It's good to be home. While there was tremendous fun and excitement to be had up north, there is nothing so tremendously fun as ones own bed.

Our travelling baby was a trooper. Sort of. Mostly. Kind of. Pretty much. But now he is in his own bed and while I have more to say on this matter, the pull of my very own bed is too strong.

More soon on other things related to babies and mothering and the intellect precariously balancing between.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Traveling with a baby requires a grown-up to sit in the back-seat. This by definition makes traveling less than pleasant. Yesterday, for 7 hours, I had one kid's head in my left hand (to stop the bouncing) and the other kid's head on my shoulder (to keep her sleeping). My body is now sore.
I'm glad you had fun but am even more glad you're back home.