Thursday, January 17, 2008

Top Albums of 2007

I think about music a lot. And even more lately as it seems near impossible to explain things going on in the darkness of my mind. Only music can come near to it, either in comprehension or in the expression of it. God, to be musical would be the thing. That's the real gift of life, the one thing that means more than everything else. Music reaches higher and lower than every other form of expression, and deeper and softer. It's just damn magical. If you don't believe me, just listen to "The Hill" from the soundtrack for Once. If you don't agree after that, you and I have nothing to say to each other.

I'm actually a little surprised I haven't posted this already. Here's my top albums of 2007 (not in order because that's too darn specific for me, though if I had to give you a front runner, it would be between the soundtrack to Once and the Bishop Allen album):

Feist, The Reminder

Once (the soundtrack)

Jens Lekman, Night Falls Over Kortedela

Bishop Allen, The Broken String

Amy Winehouse, Back to Black

Beirut, Flying Club Cup

The Bees, Octopus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a Best of 2007 mix. It's got Feist, Jens, Amy, Beirut and the Bees among others. One copy for you coming up.

Molly said...

Yay! And thank to Cindy for introducing me to both Beirut and the Bees.