Saturday, August 31, 2013

DIY Coffee Table Reno

If you watch a lot of HGTV, and believe me, I pretty much max out on it on a daily basis, then you've probably considered a thousand ways you could improve your living space with a can of paint and some wipe-on poly.  If you're like me, you probably also think you could totally take on a kitchen reno.    You probably even call it a reno because you're totally in the know like that.

I haven't taken a rubber hammer to any kitchen cabinets yet, but I did buy a really beautiful coffee table off of Craigslist and I painted it and even used wipe-on poly.  So this is all to say, I'm feeling a little boss right now.  Here's my before and after.

BEFORE.  It's not bad.  I like the white, but I don't understand why the top is untouched.  And these drawer knobs remind me of pointy nipples.

AFTER.  I painted and poly-ed and re-knobbed.  It's a soft green.  Maybe softer than I wanted, but I'll probably be glad I didn't go with a bright, trendy teal in the long run.
All in all.  Very pleased.  Can't wait to see it in my own space (as we are still at my folks' waiting for our rental house to be ready).  Ah.  Personal expression via furniture and familiar coffee cups.  There's nothing like it.

No comments: